Sunday, September 5, 2010

Truly.

I'm making a valiant attempt to get back into the swing of things on here. Moreso, i'm really trying to get into the swing of things in the first place.

Life update:
I finished studio (the tough stuff)
I spent all summer watching movies and hanging out with D
I rode my bike to work everyday for 1 month. then i got lazy and it got too hot
I'm taking a writing hiatus for a bit while i work at school/portfolio
I'm getting mentally ready to be into my field.

Realizations:
I'm a great cook, but i know nothing about any formality of it.
I can pick out flavors in complex dishes, but still have a hard time picking out adjectives to describe food.
It's very difficult to do homework from home. It's easy to put things off for an extra night rather than say no to hanging out.
I dislike cookbooks. I think they are for unimaginative people, unless they teach technique or about some new ethnic flavor.

We rearranged the living room last night. This may not sound like a huge feat, but it was. HUGE. There is a small mountain of give-away things next to the sole easy chair in our living room. I fixed the coffee table so we could eat at it with guests. I cleaned the baseboards and vacuumed corners. We shook out rugs, disassembled, and dusted furniture. It was incredibly therapeutic. When I was younger, it was almost a way for me to declare a new chapter. Well, that still hods true - i now have an excellent functioning workstation that is about 85% to my liking. It only gets points off because the chair i'm sitting in is far from comfortable AND i'm still finding homes for the last things here and there. However, I feel like I finally have my own area, and I'm sure dave agrees with that sentiment.

Anyways, i just took a break from my homework as a promise to really be on here more. THe swimming pool calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment