Sunday, March 29, 2009

leftover veggies sandwich



Earlier in the week, D, the sis, and I went to Star Pizza. The place is good for pizza, and the rest of the food is pretty good too. I got a veggie sandwich that was tasty, although a bit on the skimpy side. I ate half of the sandwich (which was onion, avocado, pesto, sprouts, tomato) and accompanied (underseasoned) potatoes, and doggie bagged the rest.

Today I was hungry (obviously), and decided to revisit my sandwich. The sprouts, tomato, and avocado were a little gross looking so i scraped the sandwich down to the pesto. I had cut veggies and avocado in the fridge from yesterday's bbq, so i decided to restart this sandwich. I put the bread and potatoes coated with a lil "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning in the broiler for 4 min. In the meantime, i sauteed some sliced red onion, garlic, mushrooms, and diced dried onion for alittle flavor variation until the onions were soft. I tossed in an egg white to give it a little more substance (as I was baking and just happened to have one laying around) and some italian seasoning. Pulled out my potatoes and crusty bread, layered the sandwich with my sauteed mix, mayo, and topped with a layer of chopped avocado.

MMMMMM

quite tasty, and quite nice to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment